Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hi-Point TS995 Carbine

I told you yesterday about my new purchase, the Hi-Point TS 995 Carbine...

Holy crap! If you don't own one of these, you need to. This thing is so much fun to shoot!


I got a chance to take it out to the range today and put a couple hundred rounds through it.
Here is a picture of my first target. Right out of the box, two magazines worth of ammo.

This was from 25 yards. As you can see it was shooting a little left and a tad high, but check out the grouping.

The next picture you can kind of see the progression as we adjusted it to the right. The dead center group was the last magazine I shot from this distance.

I did shoot several more magazines through it from 50 yards but forgot to save the target. I was able to get the same types of very tight groups from that distance also. All the ammunition I shot was Federal. No jams or misfires.

I love this weapon. It looks good, shoots good, and the price is very nice. Shooting the 9mm pistol ammo also makes it a lot cheaper to shoot that many other rifles.

I need to order a few more magazines and maybe a couple of other accessories for it. I'm not much into the flashlights and red dot stuff, but I wouldn't mind trying a little scope on it.

You can't go wrong with this weapon. I'm sorry I waited as long as I did to get it.

The only thing I wish it had is a bayonet lug. Imagine this thing with an AK-47 bayonet on it. I know, I'm a dumbass, but you have to admit, it would look cool as hell...

No comments:

Post a Comment