Monday, June 28, 2010

Got the new (to me) car!

I told you a couple of weeks ago that I was shopping for a new(er) car. Well, got it. I decided on a 2006 Monte Carlo LT.

I know, I said I was going to get the SS.

I guess you could say it was love at first sight with this one, even though it isn't an SS. It is red, my first red car by the way. Sunroof, 6 cd changer, aux port in the dash for the ipod, low miles, new tires, runs like a champ and I got a hell of a good deal on it.

I'm looking forward to getting back up to the 30-31 mpg range. The old Monte Carlo used to get 31 on the highway when it was newer.It's funny, you go buy one of those fancy little, expensive economy cars and they don't really get that much better mileage than my 1996, full sized, Monte Carlo.

Anyway, I'm damn proud to have the new one and look forward to many, many good miles with it.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance to give it a wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment