Friday, June 18, 2010

Lack of posts...

Sorry about the lack of posts. I'm looking for a new (to me) car. My old Monte Carlo is just about done for. The transmission is going out and the front and rear struts need replacing again.

I know I can take care of all that for less than the price I'm going to pay for a newer car, but when it is fixed I'm still looking at 210,000 miles on the motor.

This has been the best car I have ever owned. We bought it new, off the showroom floor, in 1996. It has been very dependable.

I've pretty much decided I want a 2004 - 2007 Monte Carlo SS. I think I may be more interested in the '04 and '05 models. While the '06 and '07 model SS had a V8, I've heard they feel a bit heavy in the front end and it affects the way it handles. I should probably drive one and feel for myself before I rule them out.

If anyone has experience with the '04 - '07's give me any advice you have.

I'm hoping to get this done in the next few days. At this point I will just be glad when it's over and I feel comfortable driving to work again. The way the transmission is acting in the old car leads me to believe I'm going to be walking half of the 30 miles to work one morning soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment