Saturday, June 5, 2010

More CCW News...

I told you about my CCW class last weekend. I went by my county Sheriff's office and filled out all the paper work. I knew I was going to have to be finger printed, but I wasn't expecting the mygshots. Dang, I got the full treatment.

The finger printing was the full deal too. Not just all fingers on both hands, but palms and the sides of the hands too.

I asked the lady taking my information how long it was averaging to process the paperwork. She said two weeks to the full 45 days.

Once the paperwork is completed at the Sheriff's office, they give me a call. I have to pick up the form and take it to the DMV within 7 days to get my CCW ID card.

We have the option here to get a new drivers license or an ID card. Everyone has indicated that the ID card is the way to go, for a couple of reasons - drivers license is good for 6 years and the CCW is only good for 3 years and everytime you have to show your DL to cash a check, use your credit card, buy beer, whatever, everyone is able to see that you have your CCW permit. Bothe reasons make sense to me, I'm going with the ID card...

No comments:

Post a Comment