Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Damn, I hate skunks...

My poor Rottweiler has been sprayed by a skunk three times in the last two weeks. And the last time, last night, it also got my St. Bernard. Holy shit do they stink. The Rottweiler has had four baths in fourteen days and still reeks.

I stopped by the vet this afternoon and asked if they had anything to help out with the smell. They didn't. They said there are lots of things you can buy but they don't work. They did say tomato juice will help though. They also suggested using Dawn dish washing liquid. It is supposed to remove the oils from the skunk stank.


We have tried the tomato juice on the poor boy to no avail. I'm going to try the Dawn in a while.

I also loaded up the .22 with some brand new sub-sonic rounds for a little night hunt.

But anyway, this afternoon I was verbally abusing the poor dog (not really, people, sheesh) telling him he was a horrible watchdog, when would he learn, blah, blah, blah.

Well, later, I happened to glance out the window and what did I see? A skunk carcass! Holy crap! Now I'm proud as hell of my boy. He took one for the team and killed the shit out of that little critter!

My boy! He's a killer! But I was kind of looking forward to a night hunt. Damn, I hate skunks...

No comments:

Post a Comment